Our 24/7 services are available with support in nine languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Tagalog, Arabic, and Italian. We respond to all requests within two hours.
We are a free-of-charge resource for civil society around the world. We offer real-time, direct technical assistance and advice to civil society groups & activists, media organizations, journalists & bloggers, and human rights defenders.
The Helpline will walk you or your organization through assessing the risks you face in your work, and together we’ll prioritize your digital security needs. We’ll help you resolve existing problems, teach you some of the most important best practices, and help you get into a secure mindset for the future.
- Rapid response for digital security incidents
- Personalized recommendations, instruction, and follow-up support for digital security issues
- Help assessing risks and creating organizational or community security strategies
- Guidance and educational materials on security practices and tools for organizations, communities, groups, and individuals
- Support for securing technical infrastructure, websites, and social media against attacks
- Referrals, capacity-building, in-person consultations, and training
We commit to using the best practices in the field when we collect, store, and use sensitive information. For more information about how we protect your personal data, and our Helpline Terms of Service, please read our Data Usage Policy.
San José Security Shift Lead
Digital Security Coordinator
Education and Documentation Coordinator
As part of Access Now’s work and in collaboration with the broader community, we create and contribute to guides and materials to help communities, organizations, and individuals improve their digital security. These guides target a spectrum of users, from non-technical users to website administrators. Please find some guides below: