RightsCon Costa Rica, the world’s leading summit on human rights in the digital age, is on the horizon. For the first time, it’s taking place in hybrid form in San José and online, June 5-8, 2023.
This year’s record-breaking summit will host 500+ sessions, 1,000+ speakers, and 10,000+ participants, bringing together experts on human rights and tech from across industries representing more than 150 countries. RightsCon will serve as a thought-provoking meeting point to facilitate dialogues, build coalitions, and set the agenda for human rights in the digital age. Be part of the action, and register for a free online or in-person press ticket today for front-row seats to conversations journalist — and readers — won’t want to miss!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Timnit Gebru, Founder, Executive Director, Distributed Artificial Intelligence Research Institute;
- Amandeep Singh Gill, United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Technology;
- Meredith Whittaker, President, Signal;
- Sevgil Musaieva, Editor-in-chief, Ukrainska Pravda;
- Dolkun Isa, President, World Uyghur Congress;
- Carine Kanimba, Activist, daughter of imprisoned Hotel Rwanda dissident, Paul Rusesabagina;
- Henri Verdier, Ambassador for Digital Affairs, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France;
- Will Cathcart, Head of WhatsApp, Meta;
- Jacinda Ardern, Special Envoy for the Christchurch Call, former Prime Minister of New Zealand; and
- More to come — see the full list of confirmed speakers.
- A myriad of newsworthy conversations, announcements, and launches from hundreds of organizations hosting sessions;
- The RightsCon Studio, bringing together prominent and trusted speakers from around the world to explore critical issues; and
- Exclusive opportunities to meet and interview company executives, government representatives, activists, and civil society leaders.
Take a look at the 5-step guide to prepare the RightsCon Costa Rica journey, including an overview of the COVID-19 policy, the venue, and accommodation options.
Register for a free online or in-person press ticket today, and reach out to us with any questions or requests via [email protected]. Access Now looks forward to seeing everyone this June!