Access Now is seeking a Senior Accountant to support our global financial operations. This is a full-time and permanent position working closely with and reporting to the Director of Finance and working with multiple team members across the world and in different timezones.
About Access Now:
Access Now (accessnow.org) is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, working on issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, transparency, and more.
Our policy, advocacy, technology, grants, and operations teams have team presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission. Access Now has established legal entities in the following countries: Belgium; Costa Rica; Tunisia; and USA.
About the Role:
Access Now’s Senior Accountant will work closely with the Operations team in the fiscal management of the organization. You will maintain correct and compliant records for all of Access Now’s’ financial transactions according to the US’ Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP) and work to continually improve internal financial controls across the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Enter invoices, pledges and donations and manage accounts receivable
- Enter reconciliations of all reimbursements, advances and credit card statements
- Reconcile all cash accounts monthly, including petty cash
- Enter all payroll and the time allocations on a monthly basis
- Capitalize assets and maintain a depreciation schedule to post the annual journal entry
- Work with Operations to ensure the year end vacation accrual schedule is posted
- Generate monthly budget versus actual reports
- Assist with Audit processes and related Schedules and information collation, where required
- Assist in budget preparation as required, and enter into FundEZ
- Assist in Grant Agreement Financial Reports, and Funding Reallocation exercises.
- Maintain all finance paper and electronic files.
Work and Educational Requirements
- 4-year degree, Accounting/Bookkeeping/Finance/Business Administration*
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- An excellent and demonstrable knowledge of FundEZ
- Strong knowledge of accrual based accounting
- Non-profit accounting work experience required
- Must be very organized, proactive, have an attention for detail and ability to work independently.
- Must work from NY Office, not remotely.
* Associates degree in accounting or certificate from accredited trade school – minimum educational requirement is also acceptable with relevant work experience.
This is a full time position based in New York, NY.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We offer benefits to help our employees embrace new challenges and allow them to advance their career, this includes technical training, language training, health benefits, travel, and access to our global network of knowledge and expertise!
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter; and
- Two references.
When emailing your application, please include “Senior Accountant – [Your Name]” in the subject line.
ASAP, with applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Access Now believes a diverse, inclusive team makes us a stronger organization and better partner. We’re committed to hiring persons of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.