World Conference on International Telecommunications
This past December, the world’s governments convened for the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT), a meeting hosted by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), a UN agency. You can read about the outcome of the regulations here and here. And go here to read our outcome brief.
This page provides resources and tools created by Access to raise awareness about the WCIT, as well as materials given to civil society to help pressure governments to keep the internet open and accessible to all. In the "Dates" section, please find upcoming events regarding internet governance.
- January 7-9, 2013: Comission on Science and Technology for Development Inter-sessional, Lima.
- January 30 - February 4, 2013: ITU Council Working Group & WSIS, Geneva.
- February 1-4, 2013: ITU Council working group on World Summit on Information Society (WSIS + 10).
- February 6-8, 2013: WTPF Informal Expert Group Meeting, Geneva
- February 25-27, 2013: World Summit on Information Society (WSIS + 10) review meeting at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- February 28 - March 1, 2013: Open Consultations and MAG Meeting at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- April 5-11, 2013: ICANN 46th Meeting, Beijing.
- May 13-17, 2013: World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) 2013, Geneva.
- May 14-16, 2013: World Telecommunication Policy Forum (WTPF), Geneva.
- May 20-22, 2013: IGF/MAG Consultation, Geneva
- June 3-7, 2013: Comission on Science and Technology for Development 16th Meeting, Geneva.
- July, 2013: ECOSOC Substantive Session, Geneva.
- July 11-17, 2013: ICANN 47th Meeting, Durban.
- October 21 - 23, 2013: Internet Governance Forum 2013 in Bali, Indonesia.
- October 20 - November 7, 2014: ITU Plenipotentiary Conference-14, Busan, Korea.
- ITU Members meet to set the ITU's general policies, adopt a four-year strategic and financial plan, elect senior management team, Council members, and members of the Radio Regulations Board.