About Access Now
Access Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, grants, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the Role
Access Now is seeking an Executive Assistant to support and work with our Executive Director, with our board of directors, and with global team members across the world and in different timezones. This position dually reports to the Executive Director and the Strategic Operations and Development Manager. As Executive Assistant, you will provide comprehensive support to our Executive Director, and, as needed, administrative support for other teams and projects throughout the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the seamless, fast-paced execution of the Executive Director’s priorities and daily schedule with a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, follow through, speed, and attentiveness to issues requiring the Executive Director’s attention.
This role is perfect for a self-starter who is is an excellent writer and communicator, shows sound initiative and anticipation qualities, excels in fast-paced team-based environments, and has the ability to interact with staff at all levels, including the Board of Directors and external partners.
What You Will Do
Executive Director Support
- Ensure the Executive Director’s preparedness for meetings and other commitments, and assist in supporting next steps, anticipating and tracking tasks against achievable timelines
- Closely manage the Executive Director’s internal and external correspondence, including email, mailings, and outward-facing materials
- Support the Executive Director’s development and fundraising efforts, including managing relationships, scheduling meetings, and tracking invoices, payments, paperwork, etc.
- Support the Executive Director’s management of direct reports, and work with external partners, as well as other issues requiring the Executive Director’s attention
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and schedule internal and external meetings
- Manage the Executive Director’s travel, including booking flights and hotels, securing visas, etc.
- Manage the Executive Director’s monthly credit card reconciliations, reimbursement requests, timesheet allocations, and related admin functions
- Support the Organization’s New York office by ordering office supplies, managing relationships with local vendors and service providers, and coordinating office events
Board of Directors Support
- Schedule and handle logistics around Board and related Subcommittee meetings
- Handle and lead the creation and maintenance of all hard and soft copies of Board documents
- Assist the Executive Director in managing Board recruitment, outreach, maintenance of relevant policies, and compliance with the Organization’s bylaws
You Should Have
- Excitement to work in a fast-paced global environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ability to plan, organize, execute, and bring tasks to completion
- Proven ability to juggle and prioritize varied and sometimes competing responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group to produce successful results
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal as well as interpersonal
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience with and proficiency in G Suite, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Docs
- 2-3 years of experience as administrative assistant, office manager, or related role preferred
This is a full time position based in New York, NY.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We also offer benefits to help our employees grow, embrace new challenges, and advance their careers, including comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation and holiday leave, opportunities for travel, and access our global network of knowledge and expertise.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter
- Two references
When emailing your application, please include “Executive Assistant – [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Access Now is an international human rights organization committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
For further information, please contact Bryan Rogers, Human Resources and Recruiting Manager, at email@example.com; PGP Key: 0x676DA406, or, alternatively, reply to the original sender.