About Access Now
Access Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, grants, and operations teams have staff presence in Europe, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the Role
Access Now is seeking an Executive Assistant to support and work with our Executive Director, and with global team members across the world and in different timezones. This position dually reports to the Executive Director and the Strategic Operations and Development Manager. As Executive Assistant, you will provide comprehensive support to our Executive Director, and, as needed, administrative support for other teams and projects throughout the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the seamless, fast-paced execution of the Executive Director’s priorities and daily schedule with a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, follow through, speed, and attentiveness to issues requiring the Executive Director’s attention.
This role is perfect for a self-starter who is an excellent writer and communicator, shows sound initiative and anticipation qualities, excels in fast-paced team-based environments, and has the ability to interact with staff at all levels, including the Board of Directors and external partners.
What You Will Do
Executive Director Support – Ensure the Executive Director’s preparedness for meetings and other commitments, and assist in supporting next steps, anticipating and tracking tasks against achievable timelines. Closely manage internal and external correspondence, including email, mailings, and outward-facing materials. Support development and fundraising efforts, including managing relationships, scheduling meetings, and tracking invoices, payments, and paperwork. Support the Executive Director’s management of direct reports, and work with external partners Manage the calendar and schedule internal and external meetings. Manage administrative details across travel – booking flights and hotels, securing visas – monthly credit card reconciliations, reimbursement requests, and time allocations. Support the Organization’s New York office by ordering office supplies, managing relationships with local vendors and service providers, and coordinating office events.
Board of Directors Support – Schedule and handle logistics around Board and related Subcommittee meetings. Handle and lead the creation and maintenance of all hard and soft copies of Board documents. Assist the Executive Director in managing Board recruitment, outreach, maintenance of relevant policies, and compliance with the Organization’s bylaws
You Should Have
- Excitement about working in a fast-paced, global environment: You are a fast learner, and thrive in dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills: You are known for your detailed follow through, and know when to let things lie and when to nudge
- Strong ability to plan, organize, execute, and bring tasks to completion: You are always thinking one step ahead, and can manage the logistics and other various piece
- Strong ability to juggle and prioritize varied and sometimes competing responsibilities: You can see the forest for the trees, and can maintain your balance when shifting gear
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group to produce successful results: You know when it is important to get things done, and when to be a strong collaborator
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal as well as interpersonal: You are a wordsmith, and expressing ideas, and their subtleties, comes naturally
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality: You are ready to help the Executive Director represent Access Now in all dealings, and at all levels, from CEOs to other EAs
- Experience with and proficiency in G Suite, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Docs: You are a power user, and are ready to use and leverage these solutions from the start
- 2-3 years of experience as an administrative assistant, office manager, or related role preferred: You are ready to bring your previous experiences into a role with strong potential for long-term growth and impact
This is a full time position based in New York, NY.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We also offer benefits to help our employees grow, embrace new challenges, and advance their careers, including comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation and holiday leave, opportunities for travel, and access to our global network of knowledge and expertise.
To apply, send an email with “Executive Assistant – [Your Name]” in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following three documents attached:
- Cover letter
- Two references
Deadline: July 15, 2019; 15:30 EDT.
Access Now is an international human rights organization committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
For further information, please contact Bryan Rogers, Human Resources and Recruiting Manager, at email@example.com; PGP Key: 0x676DA406, or, alternatively, reply to the original sender.