Access Now is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Executive Director. This is an exciting position working closely with the Executive Director, and with multiple team members across the world and in different timezones, and reports to the Operations and Development Manager.
About Access Now:
Access Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, grants, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the Role:
As Executive Assistant, you will provide comprehensive support to Access Now’s Executive Director, and, as needed, administrative support for other teams and projects throughout the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the seamless execution of the Executive Director’s priorities and daily schedule with a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, follow through, and attentiveness to issues requiring the Executive Director’s attention.
This role is perfect for a self-starter who is an excellent writer and communicator, shows sound initiative and anticipation qualities, excels in team-based environments, and has the ability to interact with staff at all levels, the Board of Directors, and external partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Director Support
- Support the Executive Director’s management of program directors, other direct reports, and external partners, as well as other issues requiring the Executive Director’s attention;
- Ensure the Executive Director’s preparedness for meetings and other commitments, and assist in supporting next steps, anticipating and tracking tasks against achievable timelines;
- Handle the Executive Director’s internal and external correspondence, including email, mailings, and outward-facing materials;
- Support the Executive Director’s development and fundraising efforts, including managing relationships, scheduling meetings, and tracking invoices, payments, paperwork, etc;
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and schedule meetings, both internal and external;
- Manage the Executive Director’s travel, including booking flights and hotels, securing visas, etc;
- Manage the Executive Director’s monthly credit card reconciliations, reimbursement requests, timesheet allocations, and other administrative pieces;
- Support the New York office, including ordering office supplies, managing relationships with local vendors and service providers, and coordinating office events.
Board of Directors Support
- Schedule and handle logistics around Board and related Subcommittee meetings;
- Handle and lead the creation and maintenance of all hard copy and electronic Board documents;
- Assist the Executive Director in managing Board recruitment, outreach, maintenance of relevant policies, and compliance with the organization’s bylaws.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Knowledge of and passion for Access Now’s mission and work;
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Strong ability to plan, organize, execute, and bring tasks to completion;
- Proven ability to juggle and prioritize varied and sometimes competing responsibilities;
- Experience with and proficiency in G Suite, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Docs;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group to produce successful results;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal as well as interpersonal;
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality;
- B.A. in International Affairs, Political Science, Journalism, or related field preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience as administrative assistant, office manager, or related role preferred.
This is a full time position based in New York, NY.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We also offer benefits to help our employees grow, embrace new challenges, and advance their careers, including comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation and holiday leave, opportunities for travel, and access our global network of knowledge and expertise.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter; and
- Two references.
When emailing your application, please include “Executive Assistant – [Your Name]” in the subject line.
ASAP, with applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Access Now believes a diverse, inclusive team makes us a stronger organization and better partner. We’re committed to hiring persons of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.