- This event has passed.
In partnership with Access Now, the United States and European Union Trade and Technology Council (U.S.-EU TTC) Partnership will hold Protecting Defenders Online, a hybrid side event during the UN Human Rights Council’s 49th Session. The event will highlight threats faced by women human rights defenders online, best practices for governments to counter these threats, and civil society recommendations for the UN (OHCHR), the U.S. and the EU to consider.
Tuesday, 29 March 2022, 9am-10am EST / 15:00-16:00 CET
Watch Protecting Defenders Online live: https://www.accessnow.org/hrc49-side-event
- Vita Volodovska, Director of the Digital Security Lab (@DSLab_Ukraine)
- Lina Alhathloul, Head of Monitoring and Communications at ALQST for Human Rights (@LinaAlhathloul)
- Lisa Peterson, Acting Assistant Secretary Bureau of Democracy, Labor and Human Rights (@StateDRL)
- Eamon Gilmore, European Union Special Representative for Human Rights (@EamonGilmore)
- Catalina Devandas Aguilar, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to the United Nations Office at Geneva (@CataDevandas)
- Brian Dooley, Senior Advisor to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (@dooley_dooley)
- Laura O’Brien, Senior UN Advocacy Officer, Access Now (@lo_brie @accessnow)
- Veronika Lapina, Protection Coordinator for Europe and Central Asia, Frontline Defenders @FrontLineHRD
- The European Union – European External Action Service (EEAS) (@eu_eeas)
- The United States – Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (@StateDRL)
- In partnership with: Access Now (@accessnow)