About Access Now
Access Now (accessnow.org) is a growing organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world. Our Policy, Technology, and Advocacy teams work together to achieve our mission through our global presence in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North Africa, North America, South East Asia, and beyond, and engagement platforms as RightsCon.
About the Role
The RightsCon Event Operations Associate will work within the RightsCon team, and across all Access Now teams, to support the coordination and execution of the RightsCon Summit Series (rightscon.org). This role requires a strong understanding of and appreciation for the key issues and challenges facing the internet combined with excellent project management skills, the ability to drive processes and timelines to meet deadlines, and unwavering attention to detail. The RightsCon Event Operations Associate will report to the RightsCon Director, and work closely with the Event Producer, and the operations team to coordinate, operationalize and implement certain communications and logistical elements of RightsCon. They will implement both internal and external processes of RightsCon, helping to shape a world-class, cutting-edge summit.
What You Will Do
Logistics coordinator and participant support
- Provide conference attendees assistance with general questions and miscellaneous problem solving, from visa, travel, payment or invoice processing issues, to event information;
- Coordinate the RightsCon Travel Support process, ensuring necessary travel documents and acting as a liaison for any travel, visa, or payment questions;
- Coordinate the RightsCon Visa process, including managing the visa invitation letter system, organizing visa office hour calls, liaising with internal staff, and preparing external communications based on relations with relevant government departments.
Operations and non-programmatic event support
- Alongside the RightsCon Director, Event Producer, and Associate Producers, coordinate the process for non-programmatic engagement at RightsCon, including private meetings, satellite events, and the community village;
- Work with the RightsCon Director and Event Producer to support general logistics and production needs as necessary;
- Liaise with the Access Now operations team to provide support on
- Support weekly Planning Meetings with Production Staff and Directors, answer questions from staff, and discuss relevant logistical matters.
Platform and project management support and reporting
- Support the RightsCon Director in managing ticket sales, including pulling reports, preparing invoices, and providing discounts to participants;
- Alongside the RightsCon Team, support the management and development of RightsCon platforms including Eventbrite;
- Alongside the RightsCon Team, support report preparation and update trackers as required about RightsCon platforms.
- You are a highly organized and an excellent communicator, able to liaison with many people from various backgrounds.
- You are a highly enthusiastic team player, with experience working on complex projects involving many people in often in different time zones.
- You have experience working with conferences, event, and websites, specifically in supporting participant logistics.
- You are able to able to manage competing and urgent tasks, as well as long-term and sustained projects, taking them all to completion, and be able to report on their progress to relevant stakeholders.
- You have a deep respect for cultural, linguistic, identity, and regional differences and diversity. This means understanding diverse and differing cultures and political systems, and how to support the team and wider organization in navigating them.
- You have some understanding of human rights and technology, and interest in learning more about the issues covered by RightsCon.
You Will Have:
- One to two years of relevant conference and/or event experience and some demonstrable knowledge of relevant international human rights and technology policy issues.
- Database management experience and a high comfort level working with spreadsheets.
- Excellent spoken, expository, and persuasive writing and editing skills.
- A university/college degree (or equivalent practical experience) related to human rights, policy, business development, journalism, law, or another relevant field.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
Nice to Have:
- Fluency in at least one language other than English a plus, preferably Spanish.
This is a full-time position based in one of Access Now’s office locations, to include Berlin, Brussels, Manila, New York City, San José (CR), Tunis, and Washington, DC.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as complementary benefits packages.
Send an email with “RightsCon Event Operations Associate – [Your Name]” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter
- Two references
Rolling until filled.
As an international human rights organization committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity, we believe a diverse, inclusive team makes us a stronger organization and better partner. We’re committed to hiring persons of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
For further information, please contact Bryan Rogers, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com; PGP Key: 0x676DA406, or, alternatively, reply to the original sender.