About Access Now and the Helpline
Access Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world. By combining direct technical support, comprehensive policy engagement, global advocacy, grassroots grantmaking, and convenings such as RightsCon, we fight for human rights in the digital age.
The Access Now Digital Security Helpline is a globally distributed team who provides 24/7 incident response, digital security advice, and implementation support for civil society around the world. We offer real-time, direct technical assistance and advice to civil society groups & activists, media organizations, journalists & bloggers, and human rights defenders.
About the Role
As Digital Safety Specialist you will be part of a global team responsible for providing digital safety advice and support for civil society groups at-risk around the world, both in-person and remotely. You will assist at-risk users in responding to incidents via various communications methods such as email, chat and video. Occasionally, you will also provide in-person support through workshops, training, and audits. This role will report to the Costa Rica Shift Lead and Access Now’s senior Helpline managers as appropriate.
This role is an entry level position, perfect for a quick learner who is excited by Access Now’s mission and is eager to provide amazing advice and service to human rights defenders in Latin America and around the world! We’re looking for an individual who is well organized, has sensitive communication skills and an unshakable integrity and personal ethics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Interest in, or prior experience working with women and/or queer communities, civil society, and Human Rights defender organizations in the region
- Fluency (strong written and verbal communications) in English and Spanish is essential; applicants who can speak and write in an additional language are at an advantage
- Strong cultural understanding and experience across the region
- Experience working in computer incident response or customer support escalation teams
- Interest in training and user education
- Ability to work on a flexible, shift schedule
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Technical skills, including troubleshooting & familiarity with Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux-based operating systems
- Technical understanding of the internet, and the digital threats faced by victims of human rights abuse and human rights activists and defenders
- Familiarity with anonymity and circumvention tools, security technologies, risk assessment frameworks
We do not expect applicants to have every qualification described below. We expect this Team Member to grow into their role, and to also make it their own. Women and LGBTQI individuals are encouraged to apply. We are keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves under-represented in the security and/or technology communities — even if they feel they meet only some of the qualifications.
A level of education that when combined with your professional experience will show you have the capability to contribute meaningfully to the Access Now Digital Security Helpline and the users we support. Candidates who have relevant academic degrees (Master degree, Engineering degree) or security certifications (CEH and similar) are encouraged to apply, but this is a plus — not a requirement.
This is a full-time position, based in San José, Costa Rica. Expected working hours will generally be from 10 a.m. UTC -6 to 6 p.m. UTC -6, with occasional meetings outside of business hours.
Salary starting from 2,200 USD gross monthly
We offer benefits to help our employees embrace new challenges and allow them to advance their career. While specific benefits can vary, all team members benefit from a strong culture aligned around:
- Professional development
- Work-life balance…including a generous paid time-off program
- Flexibility in the workplace
- Interaction with a diverse, global team…often through travel
- Engagement with passionate, principled professionals
- Organizational resilience and support for all team members
- Opportunity to recharge and grow…through refresher leave after 4 years
Send an email with the subject line “Digital Safety Specialist – Costa Rica – [Your Name]” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and vision for the role
Published 4 February 2020; open until filled or closed
Access Now is an international human rights organization committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. This commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
For further information, please contact Bryan Rogers, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com; PGP Key: 0x676DA406, or, alternatively, reply to the original sender.